USAWG and Chicago WheelJAM are proud to present WheelFest Workshops and World Tournament!
Now in its fourth year running, WheelFest takes place during the same week as the World Tournament and celebrates Wheel Gymnastics as both a sport and spectacle in a variety of social events, competitions, field trips, classes, and more!
As your host, USA Wheel Gymnastics wants everyone - athletes, family and friends - to enjoy this week to the fullest and offers activities for all ages and skill levels.
Wheel fest is a chance to learn new skills, try new things, and meet new people. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of circus coaches, professionals, and performers.
Workshops include flexibility and stretching, harness training, handstands, Cyr and Gym wheel, and more! Get a chance to learn how to flip and fly in Arcadia, IN at Ripfest https://www.ripfest.net/
There will also be a tournament with single, duo, and fun wheel competition.
Wheel Fest is a great opportunity you don’t want to miss. More information can be found at www.usawheelgymnastics.com
Don’t forget to look out for our 2022 October Wheel Weekend!
Schedule of Events
- Intro to Acrobatics, Basics of Partner Balancing
- Flexibility and Stretching
- Advanced Flexibility and Stretching Continuation
- Unicycle for Beginners
- Level Testing for Wheel Gymnastics
- Introduction to Rope
- Intro to Acrobatics, Stage 2
- Parade Testing
- Arm Balancing
-Duo Wheel in Straight-Line, Beginner and Advanced
- Intro to Musicality
- Cyr Wheel, Beginner and Advanced
- Jump and Fly Triple Threat: Flips, Twists, and Spotting Belts
- Intermediate Acrobatics: Transitons
- Fun on Top of the Wheel and All Things in Belts
- Introduction to Aerials
-Duo Wheel in Spiral
- Parent and Kid Aerial Tryout (FREE)
- Rumble and Tumble, Basics of Tumbling
- Aerial Fitness for Adults (FREE)
- Group Movement
- Object Manipulation and Juggling
- Adult Wheel Tryout (FREE)
- Competition, Duo Wheel and Recreational
-Leave for Ripfest (8/20-8/21)
A Variety of of workshops, performance festival, and competitions in Cyr and Gym Wheel, Circus Arts, Rhythmic, Fitness, Diving and Fitness will be offered on August 17 -21, 2022. This is open to people of all levels.
- August 17-20 in Chicago, IL at CirquesExperience (5944 N Magnolia Ave, Chicago, IL 60660).
- August 20-21 in Arcadia IN at Ripfest.net (108 South Olive St, Arcadia, IN 46030).
World Tournament Entry Fee:
- Single Discipline $50 per participant
- Multiple Disciplines $75 per participant
- Duo $75 per pair
WheelFEST in Chicago, IL
- $30 per person for 1 workshop
- $100 per person for 5 workshops
- $150 for unlimited workshops
Diving/Big Trampoline Experience in Arcadia, IN (6 hours)
- $75 (includes dorm accommodation)
- Travel on own expense or car pooling for $20 (space limited)
All Event ticket unlimited $200 ( Wheel FEST, Tournament and Diving/Trampoline)
Workshops will include:
Half wheel , mini and big tramp
Cyr wheel intro
Aerial - sneak course
Aerials for all
Specific wheel trick workshops in all disciplines
Set up of music routine
Wheel fun competition